Data Entry & Admin Support
Accounting Data Entry
After a busy day of marketing, sales and management operations, the most tedious task is to keep those accounting books up-to-date. Small businesses often type their income and expenses manually, and that becomes costly and time-consuming. To avoid the headache of handling paperwork, online bookkeeping services provide an easy alternative to ditch manual data entry.
Advantages of Using Online Bookkeeping Software
Software such as QuickBooks Online Accountant, provide accounting tools to boost efficiency and maximize output. The main benefits of using such software for bookkeeping are:
- Saves Time – Typing or writing can never be fast enough. Moreover, double-checking becomes a real hassle. With automated software, both these tasks become much easier and proficient.
- Avoids Mistakes – There are a lot more chances of data-entry errors when information is fed manually. Misinterpretations can lead to false assumptions. Bookkeeping software avoids, identifies and fixes such problems.
- Cost-effective – Hiring a professional to enter data and manage accounting paperwork can be very costly. However, online bookkeeping software is a long-term investment.
Providing administrative support, within an office setting, is the job description of an administrative assistant, and it includes a variety of duties and responsibilities.
Administrative support revolves around providing, managing and distributing information in an office setting. Providing administrative support involves answering calls to address the queries of individuals, taking and giving out memos, and maintaining files. The duties of an administrative assistant can also include receiving and sharing correspondence, as well as greeting customers and clients.
In certain offices, administrative support may also involve recording and monitoring expenditures. This includes creating spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel, to report expenses to a manager. However, online bookkeeping services can also be used for this purpose.
Making Arrangements and Maintaining Documentation
Planning board meetings and informal sessions also comes under administrative support. This could involve scheduling appointments and preparing material for presentations. Assistants can also help office workers with documentation, such as storing, organizing and managing files.
Data Entry Services
Data entry services, such as online bookkeeping services, add proficiency to accuracy, and save your precious time and cost. Various online services specialize in outsourcing data entry services and processing forms. They combine document scanning with advanced data capture and recognition technologies to provide maximum efficiency and accuracy.
Facilities Provided by Data Entry Services
- Data Entry
Many companies key these services directly into their systems. This ensures that the client does not lose control over physical documents and images, and avoids the hassle of having to provide a hard copy of all the keyed data. Hence, there isn’t any need to develop a custom template, which accelerates project speed and reduces costs.
- Web Research
Operators can collect information from websites and links, specified by the client, and provide them with the material in whatever format they require.
- Address Verification and Correction
These services use a sophisticated process to ensure that the client’s address information is accurate, up-to-date and deliverable. Each address is validated against a database of current addresses.
Form Filling and Image Editing
Various organizations, such as accounting firms, universities and job portals, require individuals to fill out paperwork demanding various types of information and data. Form filling is a technique that needs to be mastered, so that all the required information is put in correctly.
Basics of Form Filling
Here are a few simple tips that you must keep in mind, while filling out any sort of form:
• Read the entire form correctly before you begin to fill it. Explore all the fields and the information required.
• Learn to identify ‘keywords’ on the form.
• If you have access to Internet, search for the meanings of difficult words in the form so that you can better comprehend what is being asked for. You can also search for similar forms that may serve as a template to fill in your own form.
• Check to see if any documents are required along with the form.
• After providing in all the details, always double-check to make sure all necessary fields have been filled in.
Editing an image comprises the altering of digital or photo chemical photos as well as illustrations. Editing can include modifications such as airbrushing, softening, sharpening, retouching etc. Various graphic designing software programs are available for this purpose, grouped mainly into 3D modelers, raster graphic editors and vector graphics editors.
Typing and Data Conversion
Data conversion involves converting computer data from one format to another. In a computer system, data isn’t read in the form of alphabets and numbers that we type. It is, in fact, encoded in many different ways. For instance, computer hardware interprets data on the basis of parity bit checks, whereas operating systems, such as those used personally or by accounting firms, handle data and files using a different set of standards. Moreover, each computer program handles data differently, and even different versions of a similar element will use different data structures.
Types of Data Conversions
These can involve:
- conversion of a text file into a different encoding system
- conversion of office file formats
- conversion of image and audio file formats
Methods of Data Conversion
Data can be converted in many different ways.
- Upgrading to a newer version of a computer program. This may require the use of a specific conversion program, which initiates a multi step process involving complex ‘exporting’ and ‘importing’ procedures (for e.g. converting from and to a comma-separated text file or tab-delimited text file.)
- Converting several different input data formats into various other formats. If the source format or required format is unknown, a third program may be used that allows conversion to an immediate format, which is then reformatted by the original program.